1. One should not put too much energy into conference presentations. That way, when no one asks you a question and the moderator gets your thesis wrong in his wrap up, it won't matter quite so much.
2. Six hour drives are not that bad--unless you have a two-year-old, unless you're driving down a two-lane highway in the middle of nowhere-Missouri, unless the six hours turns into closer to 8, even if the two-year-old behaves like an angel.
3. Apparently kitty kibble gets stale-- or that's what the cat-sitter who replaced our bag of cat food thinks.
4. If you show a two-year-old "big boy" underwear, he will want to wear them...over his diaper...even at night.
5. I have now officially read so much "great"and serious Literature that I am officially done. It has now turned into work--work I greatly enjoy doing, but I miss trashy fun stuff. Especially now that Harry Potter is all wrapped up. So I've made it my goal to start reading fun stuff instead of watching what passes for TV this summer. My new favorites? The Twilight Saga by Stephanie Meyers and the Otherworld series by Kelley Armstrong. Who knew I liked cheesy fantasy stuff so much? I haven't read anything so fun since I discovered VC Andrews in 7th grade.