- To the wonderful, wonderful woman who saw me trying to get a suitcase, car seat, and half-awake toddler to the rental car bas, thank you thank you thank you for helping me. I have no idea who you are or where you were heading, but I wish I could thank you again for taking the time to walk with my luggage so I could carry little man. I know you were probably heading out and it was completely out of your way to walk me back into the rental car terminal, but you made such a difference.
- Other than above problem, Little Man was the perfect traveler. He listened to everything I said, he held my hand all the way through the airport, he didn't cry on the plane or make a fuss even once. He was p.e.r.f.e.c.t.
- I do not have what it takes to be a single mother. After barely 2 days, I was completely and utterly exhausted. Even though he was perfect.
- People in Ohio do not know how to drive. The left lane is for passing. The right lane is for not passing. Please re-check your driving manuals and don't pass on the right.
- There is something at J's parents house that is like a sleeping aid for little man. The kid slept until 10 both days we were there. He never sleeps until 10! I realize that it's still 9 central, but little man never even sleeps until 9. Unfortunately, he's trained me so well to be awake by 8 AM that I was up by 7 each day.
- I'm tired. Really tired. And I have a paper to revise and submit for the conference in March and a lecture to write before 3:00 today. Blech.
25 February 2008
Random Bullets from Flying Solo
This last weekend, Little Man and I took a sans-papa trip back to Ohio for my Grandpa's 80th birthday. I don't have the time or energy left for a formal post right now- but here are some highlights.