13 November 2007

I hate proposals

Hate them. Hate them. Hate them.
Maybe somebody could please explain to me why I need to write a 1,750 word proposal and then turn around and condense it to a mere 800 characters?? Can't they be bothered to read the longer one? And if they're only going to judge me on the shorter one, why do I have to bother with the longer one. Which makes me wonder--which will they read first? Which will be that crucial first impression that may make or break my chances of getting a fellowship? Can I be repetitive and use the same language in both? Or will they see that as laziness? I'm so close to being done, but the mind games you can play with yourself before you finally submit the stupid thing make me absolutely crazy. But, really, are two versions of the same proposal really necessary here? Uf.

What makes matters worse is that I'm stuck showing this stupid movie tonight to the class I grade for. It's the 3rd time I've had to sit through it, and I'm having the worst time trying to concentrate with the silly dialog and the giggles of undergrad girls smitten by the sight of Denzel Washington's buttcrack.

Ah, to be young.

1 comment:

Candy Rant said...

OK, look...you ARE young!!!

You zygote, you.