31 August 2007

4 Things Meme

I've been tagged by MGM over at Diss, Dat, and Diapers for this 4 things meme. Here goes-

4 Jobs I've had:
  1. Server-bitch at country club- Made me hate the yupperclass. I have a name...see? On this here little name tag.
  2. Cashier at Target- actually was my dream job as a little girl. I wanted to make the scanner beep.
  3. Bridal Consultant- best and worst job I ever had. I made the best friends I've ever had working there, but DAMN- women go certifiable when they get a silly little rock on their finger.
  4. Grad student/University peon

4 Places I've lived:
  1. Akron- the armpit of Ohio. But I would kill right now for some Luigi's baked rigatoni and a tossed salad with cheese.
  2. Urbino- The tiny medieval town where Raphael Sanzio was born. Beautiful beyond words with the most wonderful piazza, them most wonderful little restaurants, and the most wonderful gelato.
  3. Happy Valley- Beautiful views, dangerously good ice cream, and that stupid movie about the talking kangaroo playing in every single movie theater on multiple screens for three weeks.
  4. Middle of the Prairie- Flat, corn...did I mention flat? But strangely enough, it's growing on me. Not the corn, just the place.

4 Favorite Foods:
  1. Chocolate-- pretty much any kind in any form, but I love dark, rich semisweet or bittersweet chocolate.
  2. Luigi's Baked Rigatoni and tossed salad with cheese. It's the one place I MUST eat at in Akron. Every single time we go back, we make a pilgrimage.
  3. Gelato- Not ice cream, not custard, not sherbet. You can only get real gelato in Italy, despite what the places around town seem to think. It only works in Italy, because their entire food production system is different--things tend to be much fresher, locally grown, and generally more delicious.
  4. Who am I kidding? I can't really even begin to narrow this down to 4.

4 Places I'd Rather Be:
  1. Italy- God I love that country. I love the language and the food and the people and the whole piazza thing and the siestas and, did I mention the food? love it, love it, LOVE IT.
  2. Florida- on the Gulf Coast a little south of Clearwater. It's beautiful and relaxing.
  3. DC- Hands down my favorite US city. I spent lots of time visiting when J lived there for a while and I love the whole vibe. It feels so international and looks so much like Europe.
  4. Tahiti- My one dream vacation. You get to stay in these little huts over the crystal clear water and the pictures look so amazingly serene.

4 Movies I Can Watch Over and Over:
  1. French Kiss-- classic romantic comedy that's so good even J has watched it at least 3 times with me. (2 of those were at his suggestion)
  2. The English Patient--I don't watch it that often, but when I do I love it more each time. It's the one movie that does justice to the book it's based on.
  3. White Christmas- every year, without fail, this is a must-see. J and I even watched it once in July when Little Man was up all night and nothing else was on.
  4. I love old musicals. I blame my mother for this, but the fact is that I'm hooked on all of those 1950s and 1960s musical blockbusters-- Oklahoma, Seven Brides for Seven Brothers, Singin' in the Rain. The one exception is The Sound of Music.

4 TV Shows I Like to Watch
  1. How I Met Your Mother
  2. House- but I haven't had a chance to see it in a while
  3. CSI Miami- David Caruso is so deliciously creepy--and cheesey- he overplays everything and it's hysterical to watch.
  4. Oprah- There's just something compelling and hilarious about a woman who can say, "Isn't it better to start off poor" when she owns half of the world.
4 Websites I view Daily
  1. Please see "Fellow Travelers"
  2. Perez Hilton-- I've gotta keep up with the young-ins' culture somehow. Or at least that's what I tell myself.
  3. My "virtual paper"- ever since junior high, I read the comics every morning. So now, since our local paper sucks, I read For Better or For Worse, Funky Winkerbean, Rhymes with Orange, Zits, Dear Abbey, and Ask Amy online every morning before I start anything else.
  4. NY Times

4 Computers I've owned
  1. My current Dell that needs more Rem or Ram or something in it
  2. My IBM thinkpad laptop from 1999-- I still have it and it still runs. Kind of.
  3. Acer Desktop-- the thing crashed constantly
  4. some very old thing from the 1980s with an orange and black screen that I inherited from my uncle's law school days

4 people to tag-
  1. The Yellow Dart
  2. Big Dan
  3. and whoever else wants to do this

4 comments:

EB said...

LD -- I *promise* I wrote my entry before I read yours. What is it about White Christmas and Horatio Kane???

Lisa Dunick said...

I dunno-- the singing, the dancing, the overdone one liners. "No. I'd call that mur-der." You know, in that low raspy Horatio voice. If we could just get him to do a tap number now....

Candy Rant said...

How dare you diss "The Sound of Music." God Himself made that movie.

Lisa Dunick said...

Shhh-- don't tell my in-laws, they would excommunicate me!