31 January 2008

Good Mood

It's snowing here. They're expecting about 6" over night, so with the inadequate number of snow plows our town has, getting around tomorrow should be fun.

But even that can't bother me. I'm still coming down from a great meeting with my advisor and a lovely conference with one of my new students. My advisor was very happy with my second chapter, thinks that I'm learning and improving with each thing she sees, and thinks I am definitely ready to be on the market. Turns out I'm the only one of her 6 or 7 advisees that has stayed on schedule. All of this makes me feel much much better about things. It means that I only have about another 100 pages to write--two more chapters that should pretty much writer themselves. We even started outlining what I need and when I need it for the market. I left her office with a huge weight off my shoulders.

And then the meeting I had with a new student was actually fairly pleasant. She's a (new) comp lit major and was asking me a whole bunch of questions about grad school and becoming a professor. And for once, I felt like I could actually answer the questions with some authority.

Delightful.

I'm one proofread away from sending an article out. I've been sitting on it for a long time, but when I re-read it, I realized it's actually pretty decent. So keep your fingers crossed, cuz I need more padding in the ole' CV if I want to bill myself as an entire 20th century person.

So let it snow, let it snow, let it snow, 'cuz blue skies are shinin' on me..

No comments: