18 December 2007

A Holiday Ditty for Your Enjoyment

On the first day of Christmas break my toddler gave to me--
one nasty little cold.

On the second day of Christmas break my toddler gave to me--
two tiny sneezes and one nasty little cold.

On the third day of Christmas break my toddler gave to me--
three used tissues, two tiny sneezes, and one nasty little cold.

On the fourth day of Christmas break my toddler gave to me--
four boogers on my shirt, three used tissues, two tiny sneezes, and one nasty little cold.

On the fifth day of Christmas break my toddler gave to me.....
Five sleepless nights.

On the sixth day of Christmas break my toddler gave to me--
six hours of screaming about his ears, five sleepless nights, four boogers on my shirt, three used tissues, two tiny sneezes, and one nasty little cold.

On the seventh day of Christmas break my toddler cost to me,
seventy dollars for anti-biotics, six hours of screaming,
fiiiiiive sleeeepless nights,
four boogers on my shirt, three used tissues, two tiny sneezes, and one nasty little cold.

On the eighth day of Christmas break my toddler gave to me,
8 million conjunctivitus bacteria all over the house, seventy dollars for anti-biotics, six hours of screaming,
Fiiiive sleeeeeplessss nights,
four boogers on my shirt, three used tissues, two tiny sneezes, and (still) one nasty little cold.

On the ninth day of Christmas break my toddler gave to me, a nine hour car ride that should take 7,
8 million conjunctivitus bacteria all over the house, seventy dollars for anti-biotics, six hours of screaming,
Fiiiive sleeeeeplessss nights,
four boogers on my shirt, three used tissues, two tiny sneezes, and (still) one nasty little cold.

On the tenth day of Christmas break, my toddler gave to me,
ten hours of "Christmas tree mama, now mama, christmas tree, christmas tree, christmas tree!!!!!!!!!!,
a nine hour car ride that should take 7, 8 million conjunctivitus bacteria all over the house, seventy dollars for anti-biotics, six hours of screaming,
Fiiiive sleeeeeplessss nights,
four boogers on my shirt, three used tissues, two tiny sneezes, and (still) one nasty little cold.

On the eleventh day of Christmas break I gave up, packed it in, and hunkered down until all of the germs around our house have either died off or have mutated and begun eating us alive.

Merry Christm-achooo

5 comments:

Candy Rant said...

Perfect.

Amy said...

Oh this is SO GOOD!! Hilarious!! (Sorry about the sickness on your break though.)

Amy said...

This is SO GOOD! Hilarious! (Sorry about the sickness on your break though.)

Heather said...

Sorry to laugh at your misery, but that was a funny post! I feel the need to go wash my hands - germs are eminating from your blog.

Anonymous said...

I know the feeling, only I have two, Morgan has the ear infection and Dakota has the yucky nose.