18 March 2007

I'm exhausted...and spring break hasn't even started yet


This week has not been what you might call a good week. See this picture? This is pretty much the view I've had for the last, oh I don't know, 4 or 5 days. See, little man here caught some kind of bug from his day care. Some kind of nasty little stomach bug. And, being the sweet wonderful child that he is, he decided to share it. With all of us. So far, only the cat has remained unscathed. Needless to say, he's been a little clingy. And I've felt downright gross. A lovely way to begin spring break, no?

With the week of the nasty little stomach virus that made it's way through our house and with our recent decision to head back to Ohio for my great uncle's funeral, I have officially come to the realization that the chapter of my dissertation that I promised by advisor will not be done on the 26th. I'm not good at missing deadlines, and now I have to write an email explaining why I need to push it back. yuck. I'd almost prefer the stomach virus again.

So on Tuesday we take little man back to Ohio for a few days and I officially give up any hope of making any progress on the diss this week.

Usually I'd love to have an excuse to spend 5 days without work with little man and the hubby. But I've been seeing a lot of little man lately (see picture above). It could be a loooooong week.

No comments: